About the Course
Candidates who are selected for the Personality Test are usually 2.2 times the number of vacancies, notified in the UPSC’s advertisement every year. If the Main Exam marks decide whether a candidate is in the Civil Services or not, then it is the Interview score that actually determines, which of the service a candidate is likely to join finally. Therefore though the maximum interview marks are 275, but the interview plays a very crucial role in deciding whether a candidate can get his desired service or not.
Interview according to the UPSC is described to be a test of a candidate’s overall personality which includes analytical ability, lateral thinking, logical decision making etc. The objective of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental caliber of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his/her intellectual qualities but also social traits and his/her interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, variety and depth of interests, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
- The duration of the interview is typically 30 minutes +/- 5 minutes. The range of questions will include questions on hobby and their practical application, why he/she wishes to join the civil services, candidate’s opinion on current/historic issues, knowledge about candidate’s educational background, optional subject, issues of the state to which the candidate belongs to, international relations, current affairs etc. They may also provide situation based questions and seek the candidate’s opinion/response on the same.
• The Interview Course at Samkalp IAS Kerala comprises of :
• A session on DAF-II filling
• Multiple Mocks
• Approachability to Experts 24x7
• Experts Sessions On Current Affairs
• One to One Session